Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

What a Guy MUST Know : Part 1

Right, so WHAT on earth is the deal with boys these days? I understand we talk about women being equal to men, rather even better than those weird creatures but chivalry is still a "ball" that lies in the man's court. And I'd give an arm and a leg to drill this down their heads. There is no bigger put-off than a guy who'd tactfully ask you to dinner and then wait for you to pay. Seriously? Yes. He won't cough it up. Why does it piss me off you ask (yes you the guy reading this post)? So listen cowboy, if you've asked me out for dinner, you should treat. Or at least let me offer to chip in. Don't speak for me. Or my wallet. Don't pull out your credit card when the check comes, flash a cheesy smile and say you got this, but you'll let me pay for drinks at the next bar. You'll let me? Thanks for the permission officer. Who said I even want to go to another bar with you? Are you using this meal as collateral for a second part to our date? Are you lacking so much confidence that you think you need to guilt me into another act? If you can't afford to take a girl to dinner, be creative and do something cheaper. And if you just can't find a smoother segue into the second act of the night, then take a bow and head home. My bank account will applaud you.

That's chapter one for you. Go practice it.

Ladies, I'm sure you'll all agree :) Have a good week ahead !

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm from the guys pay for EVERYTHING era until there is a relationship established then the gal pays now and then when agreed.

Whoever asks pays period!That's the rule as far as I know, if some dumb ass is trying to change it, well he's a DUMB ASS!

Er. said...

Whenever I go out with my friends, or a female friend, or a date, or anything, I make sure that the one who has invited me, or the rest, pays. If I have asked you to come out with me, I need to be the one to pay. And if some guys are trying to change that, like the ones you mentioned in your post, trust me, paying for him, and then letting him fuck off from your life is good enough. :)

Hummingbird said...

@Jen : Yes the operative word here is "who asked" which is what pissed me off in the first place. I'm a lady, if I had to ask him out I'd most defo pay :D

@Arjit : I didn't pay and I let him fuck off. Win win :D

Er. said...

Ha, one smart decision can change your life!