Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Overrated Saturdays

Don't you think Saturdays are really overrated? I mean, there have been a few hundred songs written about saturday night already, maybe which is why Rebecca Black chose her song to be based on friday to break the monotony! Jesus, this song is really annoying though. Well, back to Saturdays, so what's the big deal about them? Everyone is so psyched and hyper making saturday night plans, not realising that there are four of those every month and well, do the math about the yearly numbers. So the logic behind getting sloshed at a bar every single friday and being psyched about it is beyond me.

I completely understand those of you who belong to the school of thought, work hard and party harder but then I just feel that making each saturday night all about making sure that you have a hungover Sunday is not really how life's supposed to be. Clearly, to each one his own. Personally, for me I'd rather spend Saturday evenings having dinner with friends, watch a movie, take a walk on the beach or write a blogpost like I'm currently doing! Haha...

Anyway, hope you all are having a lovely weekend with friends and family! Here's the music for the day :

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't remember the last time I stayed out late on a Saturday night! We did go to happy hour when we were in St Augustine last month but that was early; before dinner. I'm more of a homebody.

I gave up the out late scene many many years ago. Do it only rarely and when on vacay! I'm with you a good dinner party does it for me fine.

Hummingbird said...

Okay, so I atleast have one person who feels the same, thank god for small mercies :)